Need A Quote
Quality and Manufacturing Engineer
Job Description Summary
A key position to ensure the company’s quality objectives are met, provide our customers with the products they demand, and provide insight to strategic quality trends. This role will also assist our production team to make sure that our products meet the company’s quality objectives, lead our continuous improvement initiatives for the production area, and provide insight to new manufacturing equipment and processes. Collaborate with Engineering organization for project related deliverables and technical resource assistance.
1. QUALITY (40% weight of activities)
a. Ensure processes, Work Instructions and Drawings are appropriate and complete, and team members are trained to execute.
b. Serve on Material Review Board.
c. Lead and manage company quality issues, including responses to our customers and suppliers.
d. Audit part and assembly inspections as necessary.
e. Lead the ISO program and annual re-certification activities.
f. Participate with the Engineering team in the New Product Introduction (NPI) process including NPI builds, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and First Article Inspection (FAI), process qualifications as necessary, and post implementations reviews as needed.
2. Manufacturing (40% weight of activities)
a. Work with upper management (Operations and Engineering), Production Supervisor, and analysts to identify opportunities for Continuous Improvement and establish sustainable Lean practices that empower employees, accelerate change, and enable personal and team development.
b. Lead the Development and implementation based upon Lean principles by creating and improving Work Instructions, fixturing and jigs, and capital investments
c. Support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within production processes and identification of better ways of working existing and new equipment and tools.
3. OTHER (20% weight of activities)
a. Backup for Production Supervisor as needed.
b. Miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned.
1. 40 plus hours per week over 5 working days.
2. Manufacturing and Office environment.
3. Customer visits, supplier visits / audits, and external training as needed.
Education, Skill and Experiences
1. 4-year college degree required.
2. Minimum 5-10 years of experience within a role with similar duties and responsibilities.
3. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher preferred.
4. Ability to create, develop and implement tasks and plans.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with others in a professional manner.
6. Self-motivated and self-directed, with a high sense of urgency.
7. Proficiency with products such as Excel, Power Point, Word, and Minitab.
8. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) knowledge and familiarity.
9. Manufacturing experience, electronics assembly preferred.