Need A Quote
Job Description Summary
Supervise Agility Production Department including the hiring and training of staff, maintenance and use of machines, condition and location of tools, production work schedule and flow, processing of orders and work packets, quality, and timely completion of manufactured products.
- Ensure departmental readiness through training, maintenance, and capacity planning 40% weight
- Manage Agility Custom Solutions training program ensuring maximum flexibility and readiness for Production personnel.
- Identify, investigate, and improve manufacturing work order variances.
- Manage maintenance of all production equipment ensuring minimal unplanned down time and equipment is in good working condition.
- Identify appropriate training, continuous improvement, and lean opportunities to improve departmental initiatives.
- Maintain and address issues indicated by departments Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Production Schedule attainment. 30% weight
- Monitor Production Orders to Completion
- Hire, Train, and lead production personnel according to production schedule and needs.
- Act as the technical resource in communications with sales and customers regarding the desired outcome of the product.
- Assure Production Personnel have the tools and documentation needed to complete the job.
- Monitor Production capacity and ensure actions are developed and implemented providing additional capacity when needed to meet customer need by dates.
- Enforce quality guidelines 20% weight
- Follow the ISO 9001 quality management system and UL certifications and maintain a high level of Quality throughout the build process utilizing Agility developed procedures.
- Supervise set-up, maintenance, calibrations and repairs on all production equipment, instruments, and tools.
- Interface with auditors from UL and other agencies as needed.
- Process Corrective Action Reports as needed with an eye towards eliminating future
- Verify Manufacturing Methods are accurate and up to date. 10% weight of activities
- Use Epicor to verify Bills of Material and Bills of Operation for assemblies and accurate and work with Engineering to correct when needed.
- Recommend processes, procedures or equipment that can enhance capabilities and/or lower our costs
- Work with Accounting to make sure standard costs are correct.
- 40 Hours per Week
- Agility Production and Warehouse environment.
- Varying age groups and cultures.
- Customer visits and external training as needed.
Education, Skill and Experiences
- 2-year degree required; 4-year degree preferred.
- 10 years of manufacturing experience with 4 years of supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of ERP systems. Epicor experience preferred.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to work with a diverse team of employees and temporary staff.
- Mechanical aptitude and an understanding of basic mechanical operations and machinery. Technical problem solving abilities including Mechanical, Electronic, Interpersonal, Organizational and Scheduling.
- Good stress management skills and the ability to work under pressure and deadline requirements.