Need A Quote
Production Line Lead
Job Description Summary
- General Floor Support – 70%.
- Perform setup, prep work, production process, testing and quality control
- Assure Production Personnel have the required tools and documentation needed to complete jobs.
- Assure inventory is properly issued to jobs and identify and work to correct BOM discrepancies.
- Transact finished production jobs to inventory and transport boxes to production finished goods location.
- Other activities as assigned by management
- Schedule Adherence – 20%.
- Monitor workflow of the production teams to ensure schedule adherence, utilizing tools such as scheduling boards and daily production meeting.
- Participate in daily Scheduling Meetings.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement to support increased efficiency and quality.
- Assist the Production Supervisor to train production personnel, including cross training.
- Quality and Continuous Improvement – 10%.
- Demonstrate the importance of safety by assuring personnel are working in a safe manner, wearing required PPE, trained on the equipment/tools being used and resolving hazard conditions identified.
- Participate in events such as Continuous Improvements, NPI, and support Engineering on process improvement projects.
- Perform first piece checks and final inspections to meet drawing/print requirements
1. 40+ hours per week over a 5-day work week, including weekend work as needed.
2. Production environment and office environment.
3. Customer visits, external training and other activities as needed.
Education, Skill and Experiences
1. Associate degree or equivalent experience.
2. Proficient with English language.
3. Experience with computers, systems, calculators, and measuring systems.
4. 10 years in a production environment, Electronic or Wire Harness Manufacturing preferred.
5. Ability to multi-task, work under dead-line pressures, and be courteous at-all-times.
6. Demonstrated technical knowledge in production and reading engineering drawings.