Need A Quote
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the development and design of Custom Solutions. Develops and fulfills the roadmap from quotation through product NPI (New Product Introduction). The technical interface between Agility EMS Sales team, Customer, and the Production floor. Provide other Engineering Services help as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify customer requirements and determine suitable solutions by designing systems and products to their application.
a. Identify and quote applicable materials for potential new customer orders and designs.
b. Analyze drawings, prints and other documentation. Determine an application or solution to suit the customer’s needs.
c. Evaluate needs and product requirements to viable Agility EMS part number
d. Complete quotation and NPI projects in a timely manner.
2. Manage New Product Introduction (NPI) team.
a. Initiate NPI process when new order is received. Monitor NPI process to ensure customer requirements are being adhered to.
b. Answer technical questions to department during NPI development.
c. Utilize ECN process to improve production floor quality and efficiency.
d. Utilize Engineering function of ERP system. Create and update bill of materials, method of manufacturing, etc.
e. Assist in development of test procedures as applicable. Design new text fixtures and perform data analysis allowing for six sigma level quality.
f. Train other employees on production and test equipment, as necessary.
3. Be the liaison to customers’ engineering and design teams.
a. Prepare product documentation including writing reports and giving presentations.
b. Design, model and test prototypes for new products or customer requirements.
c. Maintain product delivery roadmap to ensure company meets customer specifications and timelines.
4. Assist Quality department as needed. Support manufacturing floor, as necessary.
5. Other duties as assigned
- 40 plus hours per week over 5 working days.
- Manufacturing and Office environment.
- Customer visits, supplier visits / audits,and external training as needed.
Education, Skill and Experiences
- 4 -year degree in Engineering, electrical preferred, or other technical discipline.
- Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- CADsystem experience, Solidworks preferred.
- ERP/MRP system experience, Epicor preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, works under dead-line pressures, and live the company’s values.