Need A Quote
Job Description Summary
Provide Engineering support for the production area and New Product Introduction (NPI) team. A technical interface between Agility EMS Sales team, Customer, and the Production floor. The lead for Quality, both external and internal. Assists with the development and design of Custom Solution products. Responsible for the development and design of Company products, including developing and fulfilling the roadmap from design through product testing. Provide other Engineering support as needed.
Provide Engineering support to the production area working with Production staff. a. Ensure production operations and work centers are designed correctly.
- Implement equipment/process training programs for Operators.
- Develop test procedures as applicable. Design new text fixtures and perform data analysis allowing for six sigma level quality.
- Identify process bottlenecks and develop streamlining strategy.
Perform Engineering responsibilities on New Product Introduction (NPI) team.
- Provide technical writing including work instructions, control plans and inspection documentation.
- Utilize ECN process to improve production floor quality and efficiency.
- Utilize Engineering function of ERP system. Create and update bill of materials, method of manufacturing, etc.
Be the liaison to customers’ engineering and design teams
- Prepare product documentation including writing reports and giving presentations.
- Design, model and test prototypes for new products or customer requirements.
- Determine product delivery roadmap to ensure company meets customer specifications and timelines.
- Assist QMS to meet all requirements of the ISO certification process.
- Ensure quality standards are in place and utilized for both Distribution and Custom Solutions business.
- Lead and facilitate corrective action activities for the company.
Design Company products based on customer requests and market potential.
- Analysis of system requirements, capacity, cost, or customer needs to determine project feasibility.
- Determine development cost and product cost.
- Work with Marketing to determine potential business solutions for possible products
- Prepare documentation containing information such as confidential descriptions or specifications of proprietary hardware or software.
Other duties as assigned.
- Other support as necessary.
- 40 plus hours per week over 5 working days.
- Manufacturing and Office environment.
- Customer visits, supplier visits / audits,and external training as needed.
Education, Skill and Experiences
- 4 -year degree in Engineering, electrical preferred, or other technical discipline.
- Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- CADsystem experience, Solidworks preferred.
- ERP/MRP system experience, Epicor preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, works under dead-line pressures, and live the company’s values.